Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Labor Day!


Man-oh-man, I could get used to those three day weekends. Can I get an "Amen"?

Especially when they include a semi-surprise visit from Nana and Papa (plus their dogs, Belle and Beau) on their drive back to New Mexico from Seattle. After all, it was only about 400 miles out of the way - just a blip when it comes to seeing their grandbaby.


They arrived late Friday afternoon in time for a quick dog walk around the neighborhood before meeting Lisa, Oma, Opa, and Uncle Brian for dinner. Afterwards, E showed off two new tricks: First, that he can lock his legs and do a wobbly (supported) stand - every time he gives the biggest grin. Second, sleeping 11 hours through the night!


After a lazy Saturday morning at home, we met up with the immediate family and the Metsers for a picnic and wine tasting at Fenestra Winery in Livermore. Dashing home to take care of all the dogs, we turned around and hit up Pacific Catch for dinner with the same crew. Sunday we breakfasted at Stacks in honor of my parents' anniversary and then did some odds'n'ends with them until it was time for another teary goodbye. We finished up the normal weekend with a BBQ at Opa/Oma's house with Mark and Dasha in honor of their anniversary.



Our bonus day, Labor Day, was mostly about getting things done around the house...plus a little relaxation (not too much - this is us we're talking about). E and Lisa went to another BBQ (though - exhausted - I stayed home).


As the finale to this post, I wanted to share something that Lisa and I treasure. Every day when I pick lil'E up, Opa gives me a short story recapping their day together. It's more than just the pertinent info (nap times/lengths, dirty diapers, feeding times, etc), but little details told from E's perspective that always make us smile. He gave me permission to include some highlights:

  • We stopped by Grandma's to check the lawn. No raccoon party last night. Yeah!
  • Sara showed me her video game. I was amused with it. 
  • I helped Opa file his papers.
  • Did 5 minutes of tummy time. Getting a little better every day. 
  • I watched Opa shave and brush his teeth. Opa let me feel his smooth face after he shaved. I smiled. 
  • After Brian went to work, I did some exercises on Opa's bed. We did arm stretches, sit-ups, and standing on my feet. 
  • [at Costco] Opa kept going by the lady serving quesadillas. 



No comments:

Post a Comment